Top Advantages to Buying a Used Hyundai
Written by DriveAxis.ca March 09, 2022
No other car brand has captured the attention of the Canadian car market quite like Hyundai in recent years. The Korean car maker has quickly become a top choice for many drivers looking for a comfortable ride for their daily commute. And by expanding its lineup to include compacts, sedans and SUVs, Hyundai looks to remain as a popular car choice in Canada for some time to come.
To figure out what makes Hyundai cars so appealing, we’ll need to take a closer look at the top advantages of this imported brand. If you’re looking for options for your next vehicle, here are the top reasons that have made buying a used Hyundai so popular among Canadian customers.
Top Value for Your Money
One of the most noticeable characteristics of a Hyundai is its affordability. This import brand has traditionally been priced at very competitive prices, and although this isn’t as true as it used to be, Hyundai vehicles still remain great choices when it comes to choosing a starter car. For your money, a Hyundai provides top value at a reasonable price.
One important distinction to make about Hyundai’s low price point is that these aren’t cheap cars with inferior manufacturing. Rather, a good way to think about Hyundai’s affordability is to think about the strategy previously adopted by other car imports in the past.
Although they were poorly regarded as “cheap” over 30 years ago, Honda and Toyota have built up their reputations to become highly-desired mid-range car brands. And now that Hyundai is focused on capturing the Canadian market share with low prices and large quantities of sales, now is a golden time to be purchasing a Hyundai. Ten years from now, it is very likely that Hyundai car prices will be far higher than they are at present.
Reliability & Safety
As their customers know very well, Hyundai makes well-built cars. As proof of their reliability and safety, Hyundai vehicles have been recognized for their excellence by winning numerous awards and accolades.
- In a recent analysis, JD Power ranked Hyundai fifth out of 33 brands for reliability, outperforming such notable peers as Honda (38th place) and Nissan (32nd Place).
- Hyundai scored a 95.7% on the 2019 WhatCar reliability survey, a distinction that helps it maintain its standing as a top 10 most reliable global automaker.
- Hyundai has won numerous Cost to Own awards by Kelley Blue Book for models that include its 2021 Elantra. These awards have recognized Hyundai vehicles for having the lowest projected ownership costs over the initial five-year ownership period, recognizing Hyundai vehicles as being fuel-efficient, dependable, and affordable.
By buying a Hyundai, you know that you’re getting a safe car that you can depend on for many years.
Even with their competitive prices, Hyundai is sure to pack their cars full of great features that rival those of cars with more expensive prices.
Advanced Hyundai features on new cars include:
- Wireless Charging
- Smart Cruise Control
- Lane Keep Assist
- Forward Collision Avoidance
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Avoidance
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assistance
As well, two high-tech features made their first appearance in the 2020 Hyundai Sonata:
- Remote Smart Parking Assist: This standard feature allows your car to autonomously pull it in and out of a parking spot with the press of a button.
- Digital Key: Sonata owners are able to unlock, lock, start and drive their cars by using an app on their smartphone.
Not to be outdone, the Hyundai Santa Fe midsize SUV offers third-row seating. This allows it to accommodate up to 7 people in its standard SE trim, and 6 in XL trim. Ideal for children, the third-row seating folds instantly by using a few straps. Unfortunately, this feature is only available up until 2019, and is exclusive to the third generation of the Santa Fe (2012-19).
In comparing all the different advantages and disadvantages of Hyundai vehicles, one thing clearly stands out: this car maker’s remarkable manufacturer’s warranty.
When it comes to protecting consumers against the normal wear and tear of its cars, Hyundai stands firmly at the front of the pack. The Korean car maker offers an unbeatable 5-year/100,000 km comprehensive limited warranty that includes the following:
- Bumper-to-bumper coverage for nearly every new vehicle component including radio sound system, DVD system, paint and battery.
- Powertrain repair or replacement for components found to be defective or fail under normal use conditions.
- Emissions warranty covers catalytic converter, engine control module and onboard emissions diagnostics device.
- Perforation from corrosion that helps protect your vehicle from salt and rust.
And if Hyundai’s long-lasting warranties weren’t enough, it’s possible to get further coverage with an extended warranty!
As if these many benefits weren’t enough, Hyundai customers have the great advantage of buying cars with great fuel economy. Not only are Hyundai vehicles economical to purchase, they also provide great savings when filling up at the gas pump.
On top of its many features, the 2022 Hyundai Elantra also offers an excellent gas mileage of 7.6 L/100 km in the city and 5.7 L/100 km on the highway.
With its combined gas mileage of 6.7 L/100 km, the 2022 Elantra offers better mileage than even the 2022 Honda Civic Hatch (6.9 L/100 km) and the 2022 Toyota Corolla and Corolla Hatch (7.0 L/100 km).
In addition to its strong manufacturer’s warranty, Hyundai takes proper care of its customers with its generous 24-hr roadside assistance that lasts for 5 years for car purchases made in 2015 and after.
Get peace of mind with these great services:
- Flat tire change
- Fuel delivery
- Battery boost
- Towing service (vehicle inoperable)
- Lockout relief
- Winching and extrication service
- Mechanical first aid
- Trip Accident Assistance Service
With all of these great advantages, you could really benefit by driving a used Hyundai! Best of all, DriveAxis.ca has numerous used Hyundai vehicles available for purchase or financing!